Photo Shows Mature Plant
Phlox subulata, the Creeping Phlox - One Gallon Containers
is a perennial ground cover that has small attractive purple flowers. Thrives best in full sun light. It is a green ground cover, and it can spread and make a vast landscape that everyone will talk about.
CREEPING PHLOX - A COLORFUL PERENNIAL THAT IS EASY TO GROW
When you are driving along the road in the springtime, and you see beautiful, pastel plants covering vast areas of ground, you may be looking at creeping phlox. This is a spring plant that has small flowers with five points that look like stars. It grows to about two to four inches high with a spread of two feet and is a perennial because it blooms every year. The colors you can choose are pink, white, lavender and a bluish-purple color.
This plant grows well in most soils and partial sun but loves full sun and moist, well-drained soil. Even though it grows easily, for better growth and more abundant flowers, you may want to mix fertilizer to the soil in early springtime.
Some benefits of growing Creeping Phlox plant are:
1. Grows well in most of the United States of America.
2. It is easy to plant and maintain and grows well where other plants may be difficult to develop.
3. It looks stunning in rock gardens, as a ground cover, on a hillside or embankment, as edging in front of a row of flowers or the cracks and crevices in stone walls.
4. It can be divided and planted in other areas and gives you healthier plants if you do this every few years.
5. It attracts butterflies which add more beauty for your enjoyment.
6. Deer are plant-eating, but not these plants!
Finding a plant you love may take some research, but you won’t go wrong if you choose creeping phlox to add beauty to your landscaping!
Hardiness Zones 3-9
Be the first to
Leave a Review